Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog 2 Response


Prior to the attack on the Twin Towers, Grandma and Aunt Mary were watching the event hoping and praying that there sister and her daughter will survive. Grandma was on her knees while Aunt Mary was tearing up, grandma told her to don’t worry about it she WILL make it. As long as her name doesn’t show up on the screen then everything is ok. Unfortunately it did and it hit family as a whole and it made everyone speechless. Aunt Mary was hurt that the fact that her only sister died by the hands of the Terrorist that the whole thing was too hard to handle. Grandma on the other hand went to her room and couldn’t believe that she lost her oldest daughter. Every emotion was going through her mind and she couldn’t stomach the lost. The only question is now how can she tell her granddaughter the tragic news without breaking her heart. Everyone was still in shock and couldn’t fathom on the situation and what it has done to the family. “I can’t believe that she’s gone.” Said Mary “now what are we going to tell Suzy?” “OH MY GOD?! You know what I just realized? Didn’t Darrell was making his way overseas? I think it was Flight 308” “In todays news innocent lives were taking by the hands of the Taliban, Flight 308 crashed into the Twin Towers, hundreds died and few were injured who would do such a thing?” Said the Anchorman.”(Crying) NOOOOOO!!” Said Mary. Everyone in the room was stunned by the simple fact that both Suzy’s parents died in one day. Now what can they say to this little girl that both of her parents died and they didn’t realized it?
I am responding to Lucas Wheelers blog post, and I have to say that it touched my heart because I was talking to someone who lost both of their parents from 9/11 and now they’re living with their grandmother. It affects children as well as the parents who lost someone. To lose both parents at a young age can really affect them physiologically and emotionally. Because they die completely and be a shell of one’s self knowing that one special person won’t be there to hug you and tell you that I love you and see you grow as a successful person that your destined to be. Also to lose both of them at the same day can take a toll on a person’s heart, it can feel like they lost a piece of themselves and they will walk the earth knowing that physically their not there. Personally this is one of my favorite blogs that I’ve read simply because it can relate to most of the US and it can alter ones sight on the world and what it has in store. One thing is for certain that reality can either hurt you or can make life better for you. When I was little I thought I lost my aunt because she worked in New York and it scared me till I realized she went home early. I thank God everyday for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment