Monday, January 17, 2011

Man vs. The World

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/21/3098230.htm

“Cough, cough what just happened? I…I don’t believe it I thought that I would go to work and just live my day, but this, this just takes the cake I haven’t seen none of my coworkers in the past three hours and the twin towers are now a complete disaster. I can’t imagine who or what made this day into a catastrophe. I see a couple of people that I work with but I haven’t seen anyone else but there are hundreds of body bags and family members that are in tears, I see police, ambulance, and fire fighters throughout the whole New York city. I thank the lord that I’m alive right now I can’t imagine how many families that have lost their moms and dads, whomever done this has no heart and I’m kind a glad that they died because this is beyond atrocious.”

9/11 is an event that scared many Americans and has made an impact during that day since it is changing the whole perspective of the eyes of the modern American. When people were gathering their composure, the cloud of dust and fragments of buildings were everywhere that no one couldn’t tell who was alive or not. The more everyone tuned in the more everyone wanted to know how their family members were after it happened. More than a few years has gone by and people are still talking about it and they have memories about that incident.

When 9/11 took place I was in either 5th or 6th grade. At first I was confused and I didn’t know what was going on and I didn’t have a clue. All I heard on the intercom was all teachers turn to channel three and I saw the Twin Towers in shambles and families crying. When I got home my mom talked to me about the events that occurred and what does it symbolizes to me as a person and an American. Once I finally got it I went to the phone and called my aunt who was around the area to see if she was ok. She finally picked up and said she was fine, literally I broke down because I thought I lost someone but my mom came to the room and told me now imagine hundreds of other families that lost someone and see how they are feeling.

When I got to school teachers made it so that there was nothing wrong and everything was going to be alright. But when that happened it made it so sketch to even talk about it that if we did then we would get into trouble. My American history teacher told us about it and wanted our opinions about it. Some of us were too nervous and others couldn’t think of anything. Me personally I had a lot to say about it because I was confused and wanted answers. So throughout the whole day we talked about it and my teacher told me “there is no way that a ten year old could know about this and maintain a conversation for this long.” I simply told him I’m not any ten year old. My school had a prayer circle and they wanted me to say something and here’s my prayer Dear heavenly father, bless those who have lost their families and their lives through the crashes and have lost hope, guide them with your wings and make sure they see the light on the other side of the tunnel . –in Jesus name I pray amen

-Brandon Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment