Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blog Assignment 5


“Sometimes I think it would be weird if there were a skyscraper that moved up and down while its elevator stayed in place. So if you wanted to go to the ninety-fifth floor, you’d just press the 95 button and the ninety-fifth floor would come to you. Also, that could be extremely useful, because if you’re on the ninety-fifth floor, and a plane hits below you, the building could take you to the ground, and everyone could be safe, even if you left your birdseed shirt at home that day.”


First of all, I thought this passage was very appropriate for the blog because it shows the reader the true nature of the main character. This paragraph is on page three and by this time the reader doesn’t really know what is going on. We later find out that the character is a child and it becomes pretty obvious to us. This kid seems very insightful and inventive. I was really intrigued by this quote because it seems like a pretty advanced though for a child and I liked it because it was rather creative of him. This passage is also very important because it is the first mention of the Twin Towers. Though this idea of his is practically impossible and unlikely, it shows that he knows much about the terrorist attack on September 11th and as thought quite a bit about it. I assume most people read the back of this book before starting it and that was where it reveals that his father was killed in the attack.

I chose this image because I first thought of some advanced technology that created moving elevators. I thought of putting a picture of the Disneyworld ride Tower of Terror. Anyway, I heard of this city that was building moving skyscrapers. I don’t think it’s been done before but there are architects in Dubai that are building them so they rotate 360 degrees. I figured this was the closest to what our main character was thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment