Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BLOG 3


What Made.


What made me blemish my attendance record that day by missing school?

What made me so physically and mentally exhausted that could have kept me asleep that day till 6:30

What made me wonder so aimlessly into the living room of my ranch style house?

What made my father ask me to bless him among the couch with my presence?

What made the news rerun the footage repeatedly again as if they were the scenes of a bad car commercial?

What made me so absorbed into the news my eyes were fixated as if they were made of glass?

What made September 11, 2001 such a day to remember in American History we would add it to the very textbooks I had avoided reading in school?

What made those men hi-jack a plane simply to throw away their lives as well as many other innocent civilians?

What made a Bowing 767-223ER airplane crash into the World Trade Center?

What made those people leap from a window accepting death as their only fate and life as a thing of the past?

What made me so terrified?

What made those men and women risk there life save other men and women they had never met before?

What made ever lasting memories so deep in my cerebellum that a laser couldn’t even remove them?

What made my family find so proud to be a righteous, law abiding, patriotic, AMERICAN citizen?

What made it so urgent for every American house hold to add an American flag to their décor?

What made our country increase security and make me feel so much safer?

What made this sudden yet apparent sense of American spirit that never existed before?

What makes us… think it couldn’t happen again?


Click Here To See The Original Article I Used For My Found Poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment