Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog 4

For my blog 4, I chose Brandon Stevens' poem to analyze. I really like how he starts off each question with "What Made...". Also, it really stuck out to me that he generalized the questions in the beginning, and gradually led them up to specifically describe 9/11. It creates a sense of mystery in what he is talking about and makes it way more dramatic. Using "What made..." in every question make you want to know what actually made those things or feelings happen, even though you already know. What really stuck out to me was the ending though. When he says "What makes us... think it couldn't happen again?" The Ellipsis creates a pause while reading which makes the reader believe the author is trying to convey the idea of being very sad and emotional. I really liked this poem the most and this is why I chose to analyze it.

No comments:

Post a Comment