Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog 4 - Response to "A Little Numb"

I love the way this poem was structured; the short, concise lines kept me reading, wanting to know what happened. The line that really struck me the most was the one that said " "don't look up" / (don't look back)." I don't know why this one line stood out to me so much, but to me it just really conveyed what a horrible reality it must have been for the people present during this event. I also liked the repetition of the line "keep moving" even before the towers were hit because that thought seemed to remain with the narrator the entire time. It started out as him just trying to get through the work day and quickly evolved into him trying to escape and survive. This one thought is just a basic human instinct; whatever else may happen, you just always have to tell yourself to keep moving and not to look back. I was really impressed with how this poem was put together, and I thought it was really effective with the use of time stamps. It really helps the reader know exactly when each thing is happening during the narrator's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment