Saturday, February 5, 2011

Early Tuesday Morning Analysis

I really liked this poem. When I read it, I felt like I was actually there. I could feel myself in New York that morning about to go out for the day. To have a brother with an apartment in that location would be wonderful. The last time I stayed in New York and got to go to Battery Park I had to stay in the Roosevelt. It was nice, but it wouldn’t have had any comparison to having a brother with an apartment in this prime location. I could see myself there that morning. I can imagine hearing the sounds and wondering what has happened as I am rushing out. I tense up when I begin to read the rest of the poem and things start to happen. I imagine the panic around the elevator. I would have been upset to see someone crying. I begin to sense stress and fear. I would have wondered what in the world is happening. I can imagine stopping and listening to the President on television and trying to gather some kind of information about what is going on. Then I hear about the Pentagon being hit. I would have been in a panic. I probably would have thought the world was ending. I can imagine coming back to my senses and thinking about my family. Panic would have been in my voice as I called my mom to check on my dad. Mom says she hasn’t heard from him and I think I am going to die. Then I get a mask and I am told to evacuate to Central Park. Mom calls me back and says dad is okay. I go to Central Park trying to breath. My eyes are burning. This poem took me through the emotions of actually being there that morning. I could feel it from the time the blinds open to the sun shining bright up until inhaling the toxic smoke and trying to evacuate.

No comments:

Post a Comment