Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog 3


In The Office

Just another normal day
working in the office.
I went to use the
fax machine
overhearing
my boss
talking about
two planes
crashing
into
the
World Trade Center.

First thing in my head
was two small planes
not being able to see
like it had happened
years
before
into the
Empire State Building.
I wanted to know
more.

I checked the internet.
Listened to the radio.
I sat at my desk
stunned
and in total
disbelief.
Hearing about the
Pentagon,
the
plane in Pennsylvania.

It didn't sink into
my head
until
I saw the first tower was
completely
collapsed.
I saw the picture
online
with my own
eyes.

Trying to contact my wife
she was
unavailable,
working her
new job.

When I did get in touch
I told her to get
the kids.
Bring them home
as soon as
possible.

The weather wasn't
too great
that day.
It matched my mood.
I couldn't believe
this
had happened
60 miles from
where I was.

A robot.
That is how I felt
while driving.
Others expressions
spoke
volumes.

When I had arrived
home,
I greeted my family
with hugs,
plentiful
hugs.
It had been a
long day.

Briana Gregorius

Article: http://911digitalarchive.org/parser.php?object_id=9307

No comments:

Post a Comment