Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog 3




http://911digitalarchive.org/REPOSITORY/IMAGES/PHOTOS/1641.pjpeg

It was a beyond regular day.

Everything seemed normal and routine.

As usual I found myself to be a somewhat lifeless zombie that morning

i went to school...

more so then usual

the night before i blew out 15 candles on my birthday cake.

First hour was boring and usual

I was actually excited to head off to SCIENCE with my teacher

I can still remember everything about those few moments so clearly.

our principal took our teacher out of the classroom.

As soon as he came back

everyone could tell that something was out of place.

explained to us what he knew:

the WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWER 1 had been a vicitim of terrorists,

we, AMERICA were under attack.

I couldn't hanlde it,

at first it thought it was some type of emergency testing drill.

hearded over to ENGLISH

and sat and watched

the SECOND WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWER was hit.

It was unbelievable

I couldn't handle it.

Misty tears began to cloud my vison

i wanted to go home.

"this doesn't affect us at all."

But they were completely wrong...

this situation was affecting AMERICA

I am AMERICAN.

My life has dramatically changed

I keep myself more informed

I have stopped being the neive girl I once was

the girl that thought war was something that went on in lands far away

that AMERICA was too strong to ever even be challenged.

Now i know just how much hatred is in the world.

Hatred is in the eyes of everyone,

everywhere I look.

now I support AMERICA more then I ever did before.

I take pride in my country and love her with all of my heart.

Buildings can be reconstructed on solid gourd again,

planes can be rebuilt,

and city sidewalks can be swept clean of the debris from 9/11

but the human lives that were took from that day may not be reunited with their families.

People are more precious then any foundation.

We have much flag memorabilia,

but no flag yet.

we hope to put up a flagpole in the yard,

I have more respect for what it stands for then ever before in my life.


http://911digitalarchive.org/parser.php?object_id=42326

No comments:

Post a Comment