Saturday, February 5, 2011

High School 9/11



I heard the news while working on my
algebra homework.
My teacher
came in looking nervous,
she announced
a plane
crashed
into the World Trade Center,
she wasn't sure if it was accidental
The class
began to
buzz with noise,
we were told to go on working.in my world history class,
someone was exclaiming that the
Pentagon
had been hit.
Many in the class
told them they were wrong,
of course
it had been the World Trade Center.
Then our teacher came in and said
both accounts were true.
The class
went dead silent.
He tried to focus our attention
on the conquering
of Alexander the Great.
It didn't do much good,
the next door teacher came in
announced the towers had collapsed,
with over 5,000 people in them.next class, geography,
we watched in horror
plane was missing,
later told
it too had went down.
many were crying.
fearfully told us
plane was circling Oak Ridge
...my lord, I thought,
if it crashes into
one of those nuclear plants
we will all die.
The rest of the day passed in a daze.
My cousin always
went home with me
she said
"I remembered what you said this morning."And then it came back to me.
Before we had left for school,
I had had a bad feeling,
I had thought nothing of it
I have always hated Tuesdays
But there had been an extra feeling
that morning.
Maybe because they played the song
"I've Had a Bad Day Again."
I had announced to her that something bad
was going to happen...
I'm sure it was just a coincidence.
I now have to turn off the radio
if "I've Had a Bad Day Again"
comes across the station.

Student Felt It Was Going to be a Bad Day and It Was

No comments:

Post a Comment